Copyright 2023 – profi-max
DPSmaster is Windows PC application for communicate to RIDEN DPS (Digital Power Suplly) via USB or Bluetooth:
Single application for all models. The application is 5Mb executable file without installation and any middleware. It works with stock and alternative firmware.
- Ten-turns knobs – you can use mouse or mouse wheel or keyboard to adjust volts and amperes.
- 7-segment digital display also allow you adjust volts and amperes using mouse wheel or keyboard just when mouse over digit.
- Easy access to memory presets and common parameters.
- Locks device keys while it is online.
- Fully functional dual channel oscilloscope with autorange option.
- Autotest mode with log (text or MS Excel).
- Update DPS device firmware via USB/UART
- Auto Connect to last successful connection.
- Select com port, baud rate 9600 or 19200…115200 and Modbus slave address. Default is 9600 and slave address 1.
- Application store you settings in persistent storage.
- If errors occure Online \ Modbus leds go red.
- NOTE: When DPS device is connected with the application all the buttons are locked automatically.
Adjustment while output power is on
When you click START button the knobs are locked to prevent overvoltage. Click Unlock SET button to adjust knobs in small range.
You can’t use mouse-over-digit adjustment while output power is on.
You can’t change memory settings and common (advansed) parameters when power output is on.
Stock firmware has 10 memory groups.
- M0..M9 – ordinary memory preset.
Alternative firmware has 20 profiles.
- M0..M9 – ordinary profile.
- C0…C9 – for Li-Ion battery charge.
NOTE: In stock firmware if memory group M1… M9 selected then it ALWAYS are copied in M0.
- OVP – Overvoltage protection
- OCP – Overcurrent protection
- OPP – Overpower protection
- Overtime – timer protection (alternative firmware only)
- Default on start – (stock firmware only)
- Soft Front – (alt firmware only)
- Power on start – (stock firmware only).
Quick profile save
Long press M0…C9 button to save voltage and amperage for selected profile.
- Select one or two channels.
- The blue ray is a the amperage.
- The yellow ray is the voltage.
- Buttons at the bottom move vertical position.
- Run or Hold modes available.
- Automatic range option.
- Overheating – the temperature to turn off power output (alternative firmware only)
- Max Memory – How many memory cells are visible for the user (alternative firmware only)
- Reset counters – Reset counters and timer at output start or not (alternative firmware v3.7 only)
- Comulative timer – Reset counters and timer at output start or not (alternative firmware v3.6 only)
You can add, delete or disable items in the autotest list.
You can change voltage, amperage and time for every item.
When autotest finished you can save log file.
Click Advanced button to reach Test Logging settings.
Select time interval or event.
Select file type. If MS Excel is installed on your PC you can save log-file in excel format.
Auto-test settings are automatically saved to a Persistent.ini file for later use. This file is for internal usage only.
Select colors of 7-digit display separately for:
- Output off mode
- CV – Constant voltage mode
- CC – Constant current mode
NOTE: For alternative firmware it will change device LCD colors also.
If you are using an alternative firmware, you need to calibrate. The calibration procedure is pretty straightforward. You only need a multimeter and an external power supply. Do not use a load during calibration.
The basic principle of calibration is to define two points – LOW point and HIGH point. For example, we can calibrate the input voltage at 6 V (low point) and 25 V (high point). It’s enough.
The low and high points are already preset in the device, but you must enter the correct values displayed on the multimeter.
The values are pre-saved just at the moment you click the Apply button. When you click the Save button, all pre-saved data is saved to the device.
To achieve greater accuracy, repeat the calibration procedure 2 or 3 times.
If something goes wrong, you can restore the default settings at any time.
NOTE. Select I output High current value suitable for the maximum current of the multimeter.
NOTE. U output High after pushing Apply button takes some time to finish.
Watch the video tutorial on how to calibrate.
Advanced. Battery source
If you are using Li-Ion battery as external power source then the alternative firmware allows you indicate battery charge level.
- Select Use Battery Source.
- Select number of battery cells and their voltage.
- Click Save button.
Advanced. Firmware Update
You can update the firmware of the DPS device via USB/UART since the alternative firmware version 4.0
Select FW file and click “Start Update” button.